Are you looking for the best juicer to buy that is currently on the market? There are a wide range of different models out there right now – especially since juicing is getting more and more popular each day. I would almost venture to guess that it is one of the most popular ways to stay fit and healthy today.
However, choosing a juicer can get confusing! This is where I come in.
I have gone through a number of different juicers and chosen a number of my favorites based on what each would be best used for. Feel free to take a look at all my recommendations below and get healthy with juicing today!
My Top Choice – Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus
- Makes the juicer super fast – in seconds.
- Large opening for the fruit and vegetables allowing a fast blend as well.
- Easy to clean (this is important!) and dishwasher safe.
- Heavy duty 850 watt motor and stainless steel cutter that can handle just about anything.
- One liter juice pitcher.
- Large pulp container.
- Has overload protection system so that it never overheats.
- Easy to store and cord can be easily wrapped around the specific area on the juicer for this.
- Safety feature that makes sire it cannot be turned on without the cover locked on.
So you have decided to get into juicing and get a juicer machine. Good idea and a great start to 2016! The health benefits are quite astounding actually. To me, there isn’t anything netter than starting the day with a fresh glass of juiced fruits and vegetables from one of these top juicer machines. There is just something about it that kick starts everything and gets me most of the vitamins and minerals that the body needs.
With all the different options for best all around juicers on the market, it can sometimes be fairly hard to figure out which one is just the right one for you because there are may different things to think of. How much juice will you need? What will you be juicing at home? Do you need something more portable and easy to clean? Will you be using it daily or just every once in awhile?
These and other questions are all things you need to think of when choosing the best juicer for you. Take a look at my reviews.
Other Recommendations For The Best Bang For Your Buck Juicer Deals In 2016:
Here are some of my favorites from Amazon. I like Amazon since they provide awesome customer service ratings and are available in many areas including Canada, USA, UK, Australia and more.
For Vegetables (Centrifugal) – Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus
- This device is strong and fast. With it, one can even extract juice from a pineapple with the rind still on. To generate a gallon of juice, one doesn’t have to wait for hours as is the case with a masticating device.
- Thanks to dual-speed capability, one can juice both soft and hard products. This means that one can extract juice from hard fruits like beets and pears and from softer veggies. It can also be used with leafy greens, like Kale, as well.
- It’s only made up of 5 parts, all of which are easy to clean and assemble. The dual speed feature is also easy to use, even for novices. The large tube allows one to feed whole products into the device.
- Since the device only generates low heat the nutrients present in whole foods remained unharmed in the juice.
For Wheatgrass – Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane
- A user friendly tool, the Hurricane has only a few parts, which means you spend less time assembling and washing, and more time getting the juices you love.
- It is originally designed to juice wheatgrass but it has the capability of juicing most vegetables that you decide to try.
- It can squeeze a great deal of juice from both wheat and barley, so that few nutrients will go to waste. It also has the ability to eject dry pulp once the juicing is finished, making the pulp easily disposable.
For Greens – Tribest Green Star GS-1000
- The Heavy Duty Twin Gears ensure the extract is rich in nutrients.Extracted juice is believed to contain more nutrients than some bottled commercial juices.
- With such a low speed OF 110 RPM,no oxidation takes place to breakdown the needed nutrients.
- Comes with a cleaning brush that works efficiently in the tidying of the juicer after use.
- Portable with tightly fixed handles that encourages a sure smooth grip.
For Orange Juice – Cuisinart CCJ-500
- This juicer comes with an adjustable 3 pulp control settings. You can switch it to low, medium or high, according to your liking. With this feature, you can choose whether you want the finish product to be pulpy or just pure juice.
- Auto-Reversing Universal Juicer Cone – The universal juicer cone can accommodate different kinds and sizes of citrus fruits. It also reverses by itself, so more liquid is extracted from the fruit. Apart from that fact that juicing is easier with this auto-reversing cone, less liquid is wasted so you can enjoy more juice.
- Snap-Up Spout – The spout of this juicer is noticeably longer than most models in the market today. This means lesser spills, so you can fill more glasses with juice. It also prevents excessive dripping, so you don’t need to worry about unnecessary mess after juicing your favorite fruit.
Masticating – Omega J8006
- Produces juice of high yield and quality. Due to its low processing speed, the juice retains its natural appearance, color and taste.
- Comes with a high-powered GE Ultem Auger that’s much stronger than plastic and possesses a gear reduction equal to the power of a 2-Horsepower motor.
- Many capabilities; it’s a food processor that can churn butter from nuts, mill coffee and spices to powder and make soy-milk.
- The two-stage crushing and pressing process means that the device is highly efficient.
For Fruit – Breville BJE200XL
- Extremely user-friendly, which makes it ideal for beginning dieters with little juicing experience.
- Simple, compact design that’s available at an affordable price.
- One can also juice a wide variety of ingredients, from kales to carrots.
- Its durability means that the unit can handle constant use with minimal chance of breaking.
Inexpensive & Affordable – Black & Decker JE2200B
- Comes with 400 watts of juicing power, which means even the firmest fruit and the freshest vegetable will be easy to turn into juice.
- There’s also a stainless steel cutter and a strainer.
- You have the power to decide how much or how little pulp you want in your juice.
- Great for beginners who aren’t sure what kind of juicing they want to do, or how often they’ll use the appliance.
- It’s priced a lot lower than many other juicers on the market, so you don’t have to worry about blowing your budget just to get fresh fruit and vegetable juice.
I think that the question should be, “why not juice and include it in your diet?” As mentioned before, there are a lot of benefits. Take a look at these:
- Some people have reported a greater sense of taste and smell.
- The nutritional value of juice boosts your immune system.
- Detox your body and help prevent diseases like cancer!
- Boosting your energy levels throughout the day.
- Help prevent hunger and unnecessary snacking and overeating.
- Feeling more alert and give you more energy.
- Helping to lose weight and cleanse your body. Yay, weight loss!
- Help you actually look younger. Can take years off your body!
- Get more raw food in your diet.
It is really quite amazing how well you feel after getting your body a good juice of raw fruits and vegetables.
What Can You Juice?
Really, any fruits and veggies will work. If whatever you are juicing has more water content, it usually means that you will get more juice out of it.
Types Of Juice Extractor:
For the purposes of this page, I am really going to mention the most popular types since this is what you mainly see on the market these days.
Centrifugal – this type of juicer basically takes the fruit or veggie and spins it at a high rate of speed while a cutting blade cuts it up to help extract the juice – think of it kind of like your washing machine’s spin cycle (minus the cutters!). These are excellent lower cost options.
Masticating – these juicers basically use more of a grinding application to get the juice out. Some people say these these actually help to get even more of the vitamins and minerals out of the produce, but it does come at a higher cost to buy one. I would say that if you are planning on a daily juice regime – go for this one!
What To Look For In A Juicer
This is really going to depend on what you plan on juicing the most. If you are planning on just juicing some fruits and a few veggies, the centrifugal will be fine. Looking at making some kale, spinach or other juices from greens? You are going to get a much better result from a masticating juicer.
Other Features To Look For:
These are the things that I would consider when I look at a juicer:
- How easy is it to clean? Is it dishwasher safe?
- How large of a container for juice does it provide? What about the container for the pulp left behind?
- How much counter space will it take up?
- How large is the feeding tube that you put your produce in? If it is too small, it will take more time to juice since you will have to precut everything.
- How many speed settings are available?
- What materials is it made of? I like metal since they will last longer but some of the plastic ones are fine as well when the price is right.
- Safety features. Make sure the juicer cannot be operational unless the cover is on and locked.
Coming soon! We are working on our own free downloadable juicing recipe book which should be available very soon.
Want To Know How To Use A Juicer?
Take a look at this video: